Taste of the Bays Cruise, with Chef Tony Howell
- 기간: 4 시 (대략)
- 위치: Quindalup, Western Australia
- 상품 코드: TONYHOWELL
Escape for an indulgent 'Taste of the Bays' dining cruise, hosted by award-winning Western Australia chef, Tony Howell. This special culinary event is an all-inclusive afternoon and sunset experience. It will showcase the unique flavours and iconic scenery of the State's South West, with your own private masterchef cooking for you on deck.
'Chef Tone', as he is affectionately known, will prepare a special-edition 7-course menu full of sustainable seafood and fresh ingredients sourced from local farms and fisheries. A premium selection of Margaret River fine wines from Howard Park, plus boutique local beers and more, will provide the perfect accompaniment.
The small group experience (maximum of 25 guests) is presented in the style of a relaxed, private dinner party. Indulge in Tony's culinary mastercraft during a progressive dining cruise through the beautiful bays of Dunsborough.
Arrive via a complimentary coach transfer (optional) from one of several local towns, to the tour departure point at Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club in Quindalup (located between Dunsborough and Busselton). The 3.5 to 4-hour voyage then begins with a short transfer on a tender boat to our 60ft twin-level charter vessel, Reel Affair II.
Immerse yourself in the region’s idyllic naturescape while relaxing on the upper sun lounge deck or lower main deck. Witness spectacular coastal scenery from the water, giving you a perspective of Geographe Bay and Cape Naturaliste that is rarely seen. We slowly cruise past well-known beaches, bays and landmarks, including Old Dunsborough, Curtis Bay, Castle Rock, Meelup Beach, Point Picquet, Eagle Bay and Bunker Bay. (Note ~ cruise route varies in line with weather conditions)
While nestled in a tranquil bay, you can choose to dip your toes in, swim, snorkel or relax with a drink on our giant float mat, or simply unwind on deck to take in the views.
To finish, Mother Nature presents you with a magical South West sunset, observed from this exclusive, dreamlike setting ~ floating on the water.
Taste of the Bays with Tony Howell is an all-inclusive experience, unique to South West Cruises. Your package includes:
- Optional return coach transport from major Dunsborough and Busselton accommodation locations.
- Coastal cruising on calm water aboard our purpose-built premium charter boat, Reel Affair II ~ features a large open lower deck and upper viewing sun deck with relaxation seating.
- A progressive, floating dining experience visiting iconic bays of the South West region, with courses served at locations along the route.
- Leading WA Chef, Tony Howell as your host. You will have the chance to meet Tony and watch him cook select courses in an open kitchen barbecue.
- A gourmet, 7-course special-edition menu created exclusively for the cruise by Tony. Full of flavours reflecting the best of the South West region, it will feature an array of seafood delicacies and fresh, local produce and ingredients.*
- Complimentary beverages throughout the cruise, including premium still and sparkling Howard Park Margaret River fine wines, local craft beers and cider from Margaret River’s Colonial Brewing Co, plus a selection of imported beers and non-alcoholic choices. To view the beverage list in full, click here.**
- Combination of relaxed, cocktail-style service and seated, longtable dining with white linen tablecloths.
- Small group experience, with a maximum 25 guests on a boat built for 46 passengers.
- Option to swim off the boat in the late afternoon, with snorkelling gear and float mats available.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy breathtaking coastal scenery from rare vantage points on water.
- Chance to spot dolphins at play or seals from the local seal colony.
- Prime position to watch the sun set over Cape Naturaliste, with views of stunning cliff formations and the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse.
- Small group experience, with a maximum 24 guests on a boat built for 46 passengers.
- Full service and expert commentary from South West Cruises’ friendly and experienced crew.
*Please note ~ menu may have some seasonal variations.
**We follow strict responsible service of alcohol requirements, for the safety of all our guests.
Please check the booking calendar for availability. Taste of the Bays with Tony Howell is an exclusive event, with strictly limited availability. Online bookings close 48 hours prior to departure. For bookings inside this time, please call our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136.
If this event is Sold Out, you may like to book for our regular Taste of the Bays cruise, which operates 5-7 days per week, featuring a menu designed by Tony Howell ~ click here for details.
We welcome group and corporate bookings, so if you have a group and wish to join outside our standard availability dates, please contact us directly.
This tour is not designed for children. It is not recommended for those under 12 years and under 5 are not permitted.
This tour includes optional coach transfers to and from Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club. If you would like to take advantage of this service, please select a suitable pickup location from the options listed when booking.
Your confirmed pickup time will be messaged to you 24 hours prior to your tour.
The coach will return back to your original pickup location.
TIMING & DEPARTURE
Departure Location ~ Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club ~ 307 Geographe Bay Road, Quindalup
Tour runs from mid-afternoon to early evening, concluding just after sunset ~ approximately 3.5 to 4 hours duration (excluding coach transfers). An approximate departure time will be advised when booking and confirmed with you prior to the day.
If not travelling with us by coach, please make your own way to the departure location, ready to board on time.
On arrival, we will take you out from the beach via a smaller tender vessel to our cruise vessel. There may be the need to do several tender transfers, depending on guest numbers. Refreshments are provided throughout boarding, and this is a chance for you to relax on board the boat and get to know our crew, or swim from the beach during this time if you wish.
With advance notice, we can cater for gluten-free, dairy-free and non-seafood diets ~ please advise us of special dietary requirements in the notes section of your booking, to ensure you receive our Alternative Menu.
At least 72 hours’ notice is required for any special requirements. Notification of food intolerances on the day is unlikely to be able to be accommodated, as logistics are planned well in advance.
Please be aware, as we are a boat with limited cooking facilities, we cannot vary the menu a great deal. If you do have particular dietary requirements, please call us on +61 8 9586 1136 so we can consult with our chef.
We cannot take bookings from guests with anaphylactic allergies, as given our small cooking environment on board, we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment.
At anchor, you may swim off the boat or relax on our giant float mat. We have some snorkels aboard which can be used. If you choose to swim, it is at your own risk and only in safe conditions once the crew allow access.
You will be required to read and sign a Swimming Waiver for each person in your booking (a link will be provided in your confirmation email). If you have any questions, please call our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136.
- Bring a print-out of this booking confirmation or present it on your phone to board your cruise.
- If you would like to swim off the boat, please wear/bring bathers and bring a towel.
- Recommended dress is smart casual. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and sun protection - hat, sunglasses etc.
- You may (on occasion) need to walk a very short distance in minimal water, so we suggest wearing flat footwear. You are welcome to remove and store shoes on the boat (being mindful of safety). Please wear clothes that can be rolled up if needed, and won't be damaged if they are splashed with sea water.
- Dunsborough waters are calm, however, if you suffer from motion sickness (or are not sure), please take medication prior to arriving. Motion sickness can be very unpleasant and we are not permitted to provide any medication other than herbal remedies.
This tour requires you (under supervision from crew) to step from the beach or very shallow water onto a tender boat (about 30cm), and then from the tender onto the main boat ~ so you must be mobile enough to do this. If you have any people in your group with special mobility requirements, please contact our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136 to discuss if this tour is suitable, before booking.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our absolute priority. We follow strict protocols and operate with the highest of health and safety standards to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Smoking is not permitted aboard any of South West Cruises’ vessels or our coach vehicle. All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions which can be viewed HERE.