Luxe Island Seafood Cruise, with Chef Tony Howell
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Rottnest Island, WA
- Product code: TONYHOWELL
An exclusive Rottnest dining experience with renowned WA chef, Tony Howell
Escape for an indulgent ‘Luxe Island Seafood Cruise’, hosted by award-winning Western Australia chef, Tony Howell. This special culinary event is an all-inclusive long-lunch experience. It will showcase the unique local flavours and iconic scenery of Rottnest Island, with your own private masterchef cooking for you on deck.
'Chef Tone', as he is affectionately known, will prepare a special-edition 7-course menu full of sustainable seafood and fresh ingredients caught on the day and sourced from local farms and fisheries. A premium selection of fine wines from Howard Park Margaret River, plus boutique local beers and more, will provide the perfect accompaniment.
The small group experience (maximum of 30 guests) is presented in the style of a relaxed, private dinner party. Indulge in Tony's culinary mastercraft during a unique long lunch cruising the breathtaking coastline of Rottnest Island.
The 3.5 to 4-hour voyage begins with a cocktail served on arrival, then we cruise past the famous Bathhurst Lighthouse on our way offshore, in search of Western Rock Lobster.
With guidance from experienced crew, you can join in the excitement of hauling in pots of live lobster (optional) in what is one of the best lobster fishing grounds in the world.
We then anchor close to shore in a pristine Island bay. You can choose to dip your toes in, swim, snorkel or relax with a drink on our giant float mat, or simply unwind on deck, immersed in this exclusive, dreamlike setting.
Watch on as Tony cooks select courses on an open barbecue kitchen, sharing some of his best-kept secrets for catching and cooking West Aussie seafood.
Our Luxe Island Seafood Cruise is an all-inclusive experience, unique to Rottnest Cruises. Your package includes:
- Optional return ferry transfers from Fremantle, Hillarys or Perth.
- Island cruising on board our purpose-built premium charter boat, The Crusader III ~ features a large open lower deck, an upper viewing deck and front sun lounge with relaxation seating.
- Fun, interactive opportunity (optional) to haul in a cray pot of live lobster with help from expert crew. Snap a lobster selfie and learn about these animals, which are fished completely sustainably.
- Leading WA Chef, Tony Howell as your host. You will have the chance to meet Tony and watch him cook select courses in an open kitchen barbecue.
- A gourmet, 7-course special-edition lunch menu created exclusively for the cruise by Tony. Full of flavours reflecting the best of Western Australia, it will feature your just-caught lobster and an array of seafood delicacies, with fresh, local produce and ingredients.*
- A welcome cocktail on arrival, followed by complimentary beverages throughout the cruise. Includes premium still and sparkling Howard Park Margaret River fine wines, local craft beers and cider from Little Creatures Brewery, plus a selection of imported beers and non-alcoholic choices. To view the beverage list in full, click here.**
- Combination of relaxed, cocktail-style service and seated, longtable dining with white linen tablecloths.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy spectacular coastal scenery while anchored in a glorious, iconic turquoise bay.
- Option to swim or snorkel off the boat, or relax on float mats.
- Picture-perfect vista and photo opportunities of Western Australia’s iconic Island from our front sundeck.
- Small group experience, with a maximum 30 guests on a boat built for 46 passengers.
- Full service and expert commentary from Rottnest Cruises’ friendly and experienced crew.
*Please note ~ menu may have some seasonal variations.
**We follow strict responsible service of alcohol requirements, for the safety of all our guests.BOOKINGS
Please check the booking calendar for availability. Our Luxe Island Seafood Cruise with Tony Howell is an exclusive event, with strictly limited availability. Online bookings close 48 hours prior to departure. For bookings inside this time, please call our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136.
If this event is Sold Out, you may like to book for our regular Luxe Island Seafood Cruise, which operates 5-7 days per week, featuring a menu designed by Tony Howell ~ click here for details.
We welcome group and corporate bookings, so if you have a group and wish to join outside our standard availability dates, please contact us directly.
This tour is not designed for children. It is not recommended for those under 12 years and under 5 are not permitted.
CRUISE DEPARTURE LOCATION
Thomson Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island WA 6161
GETTING TO / FROM ROTTNEST
This package does not include transfers to/from Rottnest Island. you can book ferry tickets directly using the links below. Please note the latest departures times listed, so you can arrive on the Island in time to board our cruise at 11.15am.
Please book to depart no later than 8.30am
Please book to depart no later than 10.30am
Please book to depart no later than 10am
With advance notice, we can cater for gluten-free, dairy-free and non-seafood diets ~ please advise us of special dietary requirements in the notes section of your booking, to ensure you receive our Alternative Menu.
At least 72 hours’ notice is required for any special requirements. Notification of food intolerances on the day is unlikely to be able to be accommodated, as logistics are planned well in advance.
Please be aware, as we are a boat with limited cooking facilities, we cannot vary the menu a great deal. If you do have particular dietary requirements, please call us on +61 8 9586 1136 so we can consult with our chef.
We cannot take bookings from guests with anaphylactic allergies, as given our small cooking environment on board, we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment.
At anchor, you may swim off the boat or relax on our giant float mat. We have some snorkels aboard which can be used. If you choose to swim, it is at your own risk and only in safe conditions once the crew allow access.
You will be required to read and sign a Swimming Waiver for each person in your booking (a link will be provided in your confirmation email). If you have any questions, please call our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136.
- Bring a print-out of this booking confirmation or present it on your phone to board your cruise.
- If you would like to swim off the boat, please wear/bring bathers and bring a towel.
- Recommended dress is smart casual. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and sun protection - hat, sunglasses etc.
- We suggest wearing comfortable, flat footwear. You are welcome to remove and store shoes on the boat (being mindful of safety).
- If you suffer from motion sickness (or are not sure), please take medication prior to arriving. Motion sickness can be very unpleasant and we are not permitted to provide any medication other than herbal remedies.
If you have any people in your group with special mobility requirements, please contact our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136 to discuss if this tour is suitable, before booking.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our absolute priority. We follow strict protocols and operate with the highest of health and safety standards to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Smoking is not permitted aboard any of South West Cruises’ vessels or our coach vehicle. All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions which can be viewed HERE.