Taste of the Bays Cruise
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Quindalup, Western Australia
- Product code: SW-TOTBC
Join us for an all-inclusive afternoon and sunset cruise as we showcase the unique flavours and iconic coastal scenery of Western Australia’s South West.
The Taste of the Bays Cruise is a half-day, progressive dining experience, visiting a series of beautiful bays with courses served along the way ~ each celebrating the quality produce of this exceptional region.
Witness spectacular coastal scenery from the water, giving you a perspective of Geographe Bay and Cape Naturaliste that is rarely seen.
Our cruise feels just like a relaxed, private dinner party. As our guest, you are treated as a friend in our house, with superb, friendly service from expert crew.
Arrive via a complimentary coach transfer (optional) from one of several local towns, to the tour departure point at Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club in Quindalup (located between Dunsborough and Busselton). The 3.5 to 4-hour voyage then begins with a short transfer on a tender boat to our 60ft twin-level charter vessel, Reel Affair II.
Sip on premium beverages, all served complimentary, as you indulge in an exquisite 7-course degustation feast crafted by a private onboard chef. Reflecting the best of the region, the gourmet menu features an array of delicious WA seafoods and fresh local ingredients the South West is renowned for. Each course is accompanied by paired wines from the winemaker at Howard Park Wines, Margaret River.
Immerse yourself in the region’s idyllic naturescape as you relax on the upper sun lounge deck or lower main deck. We slowly cruise the coastline of Geographe Bay to well-known beaches, bays and landmarks such as Old Dunsborough, Curtis Bay, Castle Rock, Meelup Beach, Point Picquet and Eagle Bay . (Note ~ cruise route varies in line with weather conditions)
While nestled in a tranquil bay, you can choose to dip your toes in, swim, snorkel or relax with a drink on our giant float mat, or simply unwind on deck to take in the views.
To finish, Mother Nature presents you with a magical South West sunset, observed from this exclusive, dreamlike setting ~ floating on the water.
The 7-course menu features freshly-shucked Oysters, South West Kingfish, Abrolhos Island Sea Scallops, Fremantle Octopus, South West Lamb and more.
The menu is matched with fine wines from Howard Park. Your choice of premium beverages are served throughout the cruise, including still and sparkling wines, locally-brewed boutique beers and cider, plus imported beers, non-alcoholic beverages and soft drinks. Please note ~ we follow strict responsible service of alcohol requirements, for the safety of all our guests.
View the menu and beverage list in full, HERE.
Please note ~ menu may have some seasonal variations.
The Taste of the Bays Cruise is an all-inclusive experience, unique to South West Cruises. Your package includes:
- Optional return coach transport from major Dunsborough and Busselton accommodation locations
- Coastal cruising on calm water aboard our purpose-built premium charter boat, Reel Affair II ~ features a large open lower deck and upper viewing sun deck with relaxation seating.
- A progressive, floating dining experience visiting iconic bays of the South West region, with courses served at locations along the route.
- Small group experience, with a maximum 24 guests on a boat built for 37 passengers.
- Complimentary beverages throughout the cruise, including premium still and sparkling Howard Park Margaret River fine wines, local craft beers and cider, plus a selection of imported beers and soft drinks.
- Private chef on deck, with live action of a fresh seafood barbecue / open kitchen.
- A 7-course gourmet degustation, full of flavours reflecting the best of the South West region. The menu features an array of seafood delicacies and fresh, local produce and ingredients.
- Combination of relaxed, cocktail-style service and seated, longtable dining with white linen tablecloths.
- Option to swim off the boat in the late afternoon, with snorkelling gear and float mats available.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy breathtaking coastal scenery from rare vantage points on water.
- Prime position to watch the sun set over Cape Naturaliste, with views of stunning cliff formations and the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse.
- Chance to spot dolphins at play or seals from the local seal colony.
- Full service and expert commentary from South West Cruises’ friendly and experienced crew.
Please check the availability calendar for our cruise schedule and availability. Online bookings close 48 hours prior to departure. For bookings inside this time, please call our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136.
We welcome group and corporate bookings, so if you have a group and wish to join outside our standard availability dates, please contact us directly.
This tour is not designed for children. It is not recommended for those under 12 years and under 5 are not permitted.
This tour includes optional coach transfers to and from Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club. If you would like to take advantage of this service, please select a suitable pickup location from the options listed when booking. If your accommodation location isn't listed please call our booking office on +61 8 9586 1136 to check if it is possible.
Your confirmed pickup time will be messaged to you the evening before or morning of your cruise.
The coach will return back to your original pickup location.
TIMING & DEPARTURE
Departure Location ~ Dunsborough Bay Yacht Club ~ 307 Geographe Bay Road, Quindalup
Tour runs from mid-afternoon to early evening, concluding just after sunset ~ approximately 4 hours duration (excluding coach transfers). An approximate departure time will be advised when booking and confirmed with you the evening before or morning of your cruise.
If not travelling with us by coach, please make your own way to the departure location. Your required arrival time will be communicated with you by our crew the evening before or morning of your cruise.
On arrival, we will take you out from the beach via a smaller tender vessel to our cruise vessel. There may be the need to do several tender transfers, depending on guest numbers. Refreshments are provided throughout boarding, and this is a chance for you to relax on board the boat and get to know our crew, or swim from the beach during this time if you wish.
With advance notice, we can cater for gluten-free, dairy-free and non-seafood diets ~ please advise us of special dietary requirements in the notes section of your booking, to ensure you receive our Alternative Menu.
At least 72 hours’ notice is required for any special requirements. Notification of food intolerances on the day is unlikely to be able to be accommodated, as logistics are planned well in advance.
Please be aware, as we are a boat with limited cooking facilities, we cannot vary the menu a great deal. If you do have particular dietary requirements, please call us on +61 8 9586 1136 so we can consult with our chef.
We cannot take bookings from guests with anaphylactic allergies, as given our small cooking environment on board, we cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment.
At anchor, you may swim off the boat. We have some snorkels aboard which can be used. If you choose to swim, it is at your own risk and only in safe conditions once the crew allow access.
You will be required to read and sign a Swimming Waiver for each person in your booking (a link will be provided in your confirmation email). If you have any questions, please call our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136.
- Bring a print-out of this booking confirmation or present it on your phone to board your cruise.
- If you would like to swim off the boat, please wear/bring bathers and bring a towel.
- Recommended dress is smart casual. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and sun protection - hat, sunglasses etc.
- You may (on occasion) need to walk a very short distance in minimal water, so we suggest wearing flat footwear. You are welcome to remove and store shoes on the boat (being mindful of safety). Please wear clothes that can be rolled up if needed, and won't be damaged if they are splashed with sea water.
- Dunsborough waters are calm, however, if you suffer from motion sickness (or are not sure), please take medication prior to arriving. Motion sickness can be very unpleasant and we are not permitted to provide any medication other than herbal remedies.
This tour requires you (under supervision from crew) to step from the beach or very shallow water onto a tender boat (about 30cm), and then from the tender onto the main boat ~ so you must be mobile enough to do this. If you have any people in your group with special mobility requirements, please contact our Booking Office on +61 8 9586 1136 to discuss if this tour is suitable, before booking.
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our absolute priority. We follow strict protocols and operate with the highest of health and safety standards to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Smoking is not permitted aboard any of South West Cruises’ vessels or our coach vehicle. All bookings are subject to our Terms & Conditions which can be viewed HERE.